Thursday 31 March 2011

Cracking on with my contents page ...

I started with a blank A4 background which i then filled in black with the paint bucket tool. I then created the basic layout. I used the rectangular marque tool to select a large rectangle strip across the top three quarters of the page. I then used the paint bucket tool to fill in the rectangular box which will be what my heading 'Contents' will be in. I then used the rectangular marque tool again to separate a small strip down the page that came off of the top strip then I filled it in red. I then created a little box using the same technique down in the bottom left corner to separate the part I will put my editors letter into. I then created the splodge similarly to the cover. I created a small red splodge at the end of the red strip with the paint brush tool using a 401px master diameter and an edge harness of 75%. I then used a smaller master diameter of 50px with the same edge hardness to make the small blobs coming off. I then used the smudge tool to smudge out the edges of the little blobs to make it look as if they're dripping. However I feel I should have spend more time perfecting this. I found it hard to get the marque box small enough to make the separating lines, however, I figured out that I could make a slightly thicker red line, then use the marque tool again to select the edges around it and fill them in black to make it thinner. I then put in the text 'CONTENTS' and the issue number.
So I finally had a base together! Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment