Thursday 31 March 2011

Pictures for my contents page!

  •  The main image which will be right in the middle of the images half of my contents page is of a band playing a live gig. It looks exciting and relevant to what the magazine is about. I've decided to blur everything around the main singer to focus on him and make the picture look as if there's going to be more. I used a long shot of the band with an eye level angle to make it look like a member of the audience standing back and watching, so the audience looking at the image will feel there and feel in touch with the photos. This also means they look life size almost, and the audience can see the stage, guitars, drums and equipment around them to show it's at a live venue. It's dark with bright colours to catch the eye as it will be the main focus.
  •  My second image is of a popular band, and I've decided to put it into the form of a polaroid picture with a white frame around it to separate it from the background. This will then separate it from the rest of the page, making it look separate and like an add on. The whole band is featured in it and again, it's live and looks entertaining as the whole band is moving around and looks involved. I've used a medium long shot again at eye level of the band to symbolise I've gotten closer up to them in order to please my audience. Again, This makes it easier for the audience to see the instruments, light and equipment and see that it's a live gig at a venue. I've used a hand in front saying 'The Subways' to show the fans, and made the picture light and realistic colours to look as if it's there. it looks like a live gig and looks fun!
  • The image I've used of Sophie is more of a portrait shot to add variety. It looks personal, showing the magazine has taken the time to come face to face with the artist and the audience will want to hear what she has to say as the magazine will have what she's directly said. It's based on her having inspiration so had to be different and dreamy, as if she's escaping the world so where better to take it than a woods? she's pictured on her own with just her guitar. I've used a medium long shot at a low angle of her sitting down playing guitar and looking into the distance to symbolise her being day dreamy, and distance, with the camera hiding so not to distract her, like a fox watching a rabbit. It's looks as if she's in her own little world, brilliant!
  • The final main image I've used is a Portrait of a Megan drinking tea. I've used a medium shot to get in her happy, satisfied expression and the cup in her hand. Due to it's irrelevance to music, it sparks a curiosity of what she's up to and what's going on. This makes the audience want to carry on looking through the magazine to see. It's bright with not too much mise-en-scene to keep it simple. I will cut around her so that she stands out and make her look blended in with the background, as if she's just there.
  • I have also included a small image of myself in the editors letter section. It's small so it looks out of the way, but bright to catch some attention to the letter. I've put it there so the audience can put a name to the face to gain a personal connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment