Thursday 17 March 2011

Idea Pitching

After our first draft of our magazine cover, we pitched our ideas out to other members of the class to gain some feedback on what's good, bad, and to throw around ideas of improvement. Overall, I had some positive feedback. The background being dark with a contrasting white heading was liked, along with the idea of focusing the main cover line around the main featured band, using the band name as my selling point. The name was a winner with the idea of the music knocking you out from real life and the colour red was liked, however, the class though the red and the yellow together was too generic. I am now going to look at using Purple instead, and will experiment with both to see what I believe will look better. The image idea was liked, however, I found it to be difficult deciding on what layout to place the band members and a few members of the class mentioned it could end up being too much to focus on, and that one member might be more dramatic and give a more blunt and to-the-point effect.
After casting my ideas out, and receiving this both positive and negative feedback, I'm going to redraft some of my ideas and think again of any more ways I can improve, and look into improving my cover so it will appeal to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment