Friday 1 April 2011

Adding the text... then FINISHED!

This was the easy part. All I had to do was create new text layers and place in the text where I wanted it. I used the same font throughout making it bold for photo captions and for headings. I make the headings and larges, numbers second largest, captions third and the list of contents smallest. I did decide to make the page titles larger and the description smaller however, as the titles should be bolder in order to catch the most attention. The numbers draw the eye to all of the different pages, and the captions are eye catching to be intriguing. I made the headings biggest as they are will be used to separate and organize the page. I used mainly white text with red numbers so not to over power the page, making sure it's still easy on the eye.

I then wrote my editors letter. This wasn't tricky and didn't take to long, however, I did struggle with what to write. I decided to go for something informal to make it look friendlier, and to make it short but to the point. So here it is:

" Hey! my name's Kelsey and I’m the editor in chief of Novocaine. Welcome to our first ever issue! Wahoo! We promise new sound rock music, every good upcoming gig, music headlines, the good, the bad and the ugly album and gig reviews and every piece of fun and frolics we can get our mits on! so we can let this be the beggining of a beautiful music magazine era! thank you for buying Novocaine! "

 I believe it's very effective and adding my signature at the end made it more personal. I had trouble putting the editors letter in so that it was shaped around the image. I had to make two text layers and put some into one box, and the rest into the other. However, after succeeding with this, my contents page was finally complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment