Friday 1 April 2011

The pictures for my double page spread.

So off I went to a BITE gig and got in FREE! which was very kind of them.. anyway, I got out the camera and started snapping away with all of my plans in mind. After several attempts at every shot, I finally caught some winners! So here they are...

This will be my main point of focus on the page. It will be the image in the center of the left hand page that takes up the entire page. It's at a slight low angle instead of the planned eye level, however, I feel this is more appropriate as it looks like we're at the front of the stage, looking up. It's a long shot to show all of my mise-en-scene including the lights on them, the stage, the equiptment and the instruments. I have them standing further to the right of the frame to make it seem as if they're playing to the where the text of my article is, as if it's all centered around them. I think I will cut off the drums and blend the image into the black background with the paint brush tool to make them more 'a part' of the background. I think the contrast will need to be changed to define them more, and the saturation made higher to make it brighter to catch the eye. I am pleased with this image however, as despite the angle, it's very similar to my plan. Success!

 My second image was a huge success! It's a little wider than I had planned, however, it won't take a minute to crop out the bit I won't need. I like how the light shines towards him, and I like how he's towards the left hand side. I like how the colours are bright but not too bright, compared to the dark background. It sticks with the low angle theme but is a medium shot to add more variety and get closer up to the band. I used this particular distance to show the light behind him, as well his guitar and his face to show exactly what he's doing.. playing. This image will be one of the small images at the top of the right hand page above the writing.

This is my final image that will be used on my double page spread. I like how, varied to the other image, he's directly in the center. I made it a medium long shot of him playing to try and cut out all the action around him so the audience focus' on him, but so the instrument is also in the frame, to show he's the drummer and that he's currently playing. With all of the image subjects looking purposely away from the camera, it looks as if they're getting into the songs and just concentrating on their audience which is what I had intended as it fits with my article on how they're taking everything seriously. I have managed to get the guitarists hand in the image unintentionally, but that can easily be cropped out. I feel that the image is a bit dark with little light source, so I will adjust the brightness to it's brighter, adjust the contrast so he stands out more, and adjust the saturation to highlight any colours in the feature so that it still draws in the eye.

Overall, I'm pleased with all the images I have taken and produced and hope that they'll be easy to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment